Automatic e-mail converting workflow that turns e-mails and their attachments into ready-to-use media assets
For conventional and online publishing companies receiving plenty of images via e-mail, Elpical EmailManager is the automatic e-mail processing and converting workflow.
EmailManager converts e-mail messages plus attachments into media assets for any standards based asset management system.
It distinguishes itself by
- Optimal use of industry text and image standards (MS Word, RTF, PDF, ASCII, IPTC, NITF/XML, VSG, EPS…)
- Professional integration into all types of workflows (Elpical 4LeafClover, any XML-based editorial, archive or workflow solution)
- Easy web based interface to configure extensive, rule based automatic routing and processing
- Reliable two way communication between sender and receiver
- Supports appropriate text formats (MS Word, RTF, ASCII, PDF)
- Supports images (all formats including SVG for graphics and EPS and IPTC)
- Functions as reception/workflow module of 4LeafClover Asset manager
- Functions as stand-alone module for other asset management or editorial systems
- Works as a server process (NT-Service on Windows; Deamon on Unix)
- Web based user interface to configure system
- Add email info (sender, subject, receive date, body text) into media objects (inside IPTC metadata structure)
- Check images on resolution, color space, then filter accordingly (route to destinations)
- Process media objects then route them to destination
- Destination choice depends on predefined rules: type of attachment, properties of attachment, sender...
- Route media objects to e-mail address, FTP, hard disk
- Automatic e-mail confirmation to sender
- Easy to configure automatic reply (number of correctly received and processed attachments, errors
- List based checking and automatic handling of trusted users
- Conversion of MS Word or text files into NITF/XML-via XSL template
- Smooth cooperation with standard SMTP and POP3/IMAP mail servers.
- Check and handle any number of defined mailboxes
- Standards based operation for powerful and reliable processing
- Easy, automatic integration of e-mail info into any existing workflow (Editorial systems corporate ICT environments…)
- Easy to use and familiar web based user interface
- Use of standards facilitates and streamlines the retrieval from asset management systems
- Extensive time gain through automation and integration
- Productive and reliable content data conversion and handling
- Streamlined and assured (two-way) communication