Sophisticated media asset management system for publishers’ production and archiving environments
Publishers with conventional and/or online publishing activities, need to receive, process, store, retrieve, and archive huge amounts of different media files.
Elpical 4LeafClover, on top of professional archiving capabilities, offers them a truly production oriented asset management system.
Of course it presents very fast and unlimited processing capacity, adherence to industry text and image file format standards and an open J2EE architecture.
Elpical 4LeafClover distinguishes itself with its production oriented system management, supported by a highly productive and easy user interface. Key advantages are the advanced workflow capabilities including fully ICC-based color conversion, automatic purging, and cropping & sizing with resolution-limit warning.
Stores and retrieves millions of images in multiple asset collections
- Supports all common image file formats (TIFF, JPEG, DCS-RAW, GIF, Photoshop EPS, BMP) plus SVG (vector-based graphics) and PDF formats
- Powerful search engine offers fast and sophisticated search capabilities such as: Fuzzy, Wildcard and Phrase search as well as use of operators like AND, OR, NOT, NEAR, +, -
- Extensive management of users and privileges
- Original image is stored once and never altered.
- Assets can be divided over several asset collections that are totally transparent to the users and accessible only via specific sets of privileges
- LDAP authentication enables single logon and simplifies system maintenance
- Web-based user interface
- Native user interface using Java Web Start for minimum system maintenance on client
- ICC-based colour conversions
- Crop & Size with resolution-limit quality warning
- Automatic purge and disc space maintenance
- Predefined export menus combine destination (disk, email, ftp or printer) and export format (file format, output resolution, ICC profiles, etc.) for smooth standardized operation.
- Archiving on different media or file systems
- J2EE application, which offers the following main advantages
- It is an open industry standard
- Platform independence (runs on Windows, Linux, Solaris…)
- Database independence (tested with Oracle and Mysql, others are possible)
- Easy integration
- Performance and reliability
- Availability of a well-documented Java API for easy integration into existing workflows or applications
- Increased performance by industry leading archiving plus professional image handling.
- Advanced workflow and integration capabilities
- The reliability and cost reduction of professional disk management
- Time savings by very fast previews and reduced system management time